Friday, March 4, 2016

Protein Lemon Chia Pancakes

PROTEIN LEMON CHIA PANCAKES




















Makes 10-15 * Perfect to freeze leftovers*

Prep: 10 min

INGREDIENTS:

3-4 cups gluten free all purpose flour * I use Pamela's
1/4th cup chia seeds
1 lemon zested and freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 scoop protein powder of choice * I use a plant based powder from Garden of Life
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 whole vanilla bean, sliced and scooped out
2-4 cups So Delicious Coconut milk


DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add as much liquid as you see fit. I do not like my batter too runny or too thick. A medium consistency is preferred. You may add water or another nut milk of choice as well.
3. Cook on a pancake griddle or a non stick pan on low to medium heat. Flip pancake- about 3 min per side. Make sure the pancake is solid and fully cooked though before taking it off the heat.
4. Serve with fresh strawberries, coconut flakes and more chia seeds!

* I normally use whole bag of flour as pancakes are simple and quick to make and freeze super well! Enjoy the added protein as well. Makes for an even better guilty treat!












1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to make these! I love lemon and poppy seeds. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete